Looking for a quick and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth or hunger pangs? Look no further than the air fryer. With just a few simple ingredients and some clever techniques, you can whip up delicious hand pies that are crispy on the outside, and warm and gooey on the inside.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make these scrumptious treats in minutes, so grab your apron and get ready to impress your taste buds (and friends!) with these mouth-watering delights.
Air fryer hand pies are the perfect bite-sized treat! They are easy to make and can be customized to your liking. You can use any type of pie crust, fill them with your favourite fruit or cream filling, and top them with a dusting of powdered sugar.
What Ingredients Are Needed?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack or dessert, then you need to try making air fryer hand pies! All you need is some store-bought pie dough, your favourite fillings, and a few minutes to spare.
Here’s what you’ll need to make delicious air fryer hand pies:
- 1 package of store-bought pie dough (enough for 2 9-inch pies)
- 1 cup of your favourite filling (fruit, chocolate, cream cheese, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
To start, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, dust a work surface with flour and roll out the pie dough. Cut out 24 small circles using a biscuit cutter or glass. You can reroll the scraps if necessary.
Next, add a spoonful of filling to the centre of each circle and fold the dough over to create a half-moon shape. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Then brush each hand pie with the mixture. This will help them get nice and crispy in the air fryer.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut your favourite pie crust recipe into 12-inch circles. You can also use pre-made pie crusts to save time.
3. Place a generous scoop of your favourite filling in the centre of each circle. We love apple pie filling, but feel free to get creative!
4. Fold the dough over the filling, and crimp the edges with a fork to seal.
5. Place the pies in the air fryer basket, being sure not to overcrowd it, and cook for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown and flaky. Serve warm with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Tips for Perfect Hand Pies Every Time
1. Make sure your dough is nice and cold before you start shaping it. This will make it easier to work with and less likely to stick to your hands or the surface you’re working on.
2. Use a light dusting of flour when rolling out your dough, just enough to prevent sticking.
3. Cut out your hand pies using a small biscuit cutter or a glass with a sharp edge. You want them to be about 3-4 inches in diameter.
4. Fill each hand pie with your desired filling, making sure not to overfill them. You don’t want the filling spilling out when you seal them up.
5. Once they’re all filled, use a fork or your fingers to press the edges of the dough together, sealing in the filling.
6. Place them on a lightly floured baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help them keep their shape while cooking.
7. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the hand pies for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipes Ideas for Fillings
When it comes to deciding what to put inside your hand pies, the sky is the limit! Here are some delicious recipes ideas to get you started:
- Apple pie filling: Simply mix together some diced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and a touch of flour.
- Cherry pie filling: Start with some frozen or fresh cherries and mix in sugar, cornstarch, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Blueberry pie filling: Combine fresh or frozen blueberries with sugar, cornstarch, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Peach pie filling: Toss diced fresh peaches with sugar, cornstarch, and a dash of cinnamon.
- Rhubarb pie filling: Mix together chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, sugar, and cornstarch. Add a splash of orange juice for extra flavour.
How to Serve Air Fryer Hand Pies
Assuming you have already made your hand pies, it is now time to cook them. Here is how you can cook air fryer hand pies so that they are delicious and ready to eat in minutes!
First, Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Then, lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Next, place the hand pies in the basket, being sure not to overcrowd. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Air fryer hand pies are a quick and delicious treat that can be made in minutes. With just the right combination of ingredients, you can whip up a batch of delectable air fryer hand pies that your family will love. Whether you choose to make savoury or sweet versions, these little treats are sure to become an instant hit at any gathering.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your air fryer and get started on making these delightful treats today.