Are you a chocolate lover looking for a new and delicious dessert to add to your recipe box? Look no further than the irresistible Chocolate Biscuit Cake. This indulgent treat is easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to create this decadent delight that’s sure to become a favourite among your family and friends.
So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get started on making the perfect Chocolate Biscuit Cake!
What You Will Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk, at room temperature
For the filling and frosting:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
How to Make the Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- 1 packet of chocolate digestives
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 200 grams of milk chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, crush the digestives into crumbs using a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and golden syrup and mix until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. Melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, pour over the biscuit base and spread evenly using a spatula. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake before serving.
Chocolate biscuit cake is a delicious and easy treat for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this decadent dessert in no time. We hope our recipe has provided some inspiration for your next baking project or special celebration. Enjoy!