Are you tired of ordering takeout every time you crave some delicious egg-fried rice? Then it’s time to put your apron on and learn how to make this classic dish right in the comfort of your own home. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that will surely impress your taste buds.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about making perfect egg fried rice at home. So let’s get cooking.
If you’re craving Chinese takeout but want to save some money, this step-by-step guide on how to make egg-fried rice at home is for you. Fried rice is a classic Chinese dish that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. And the best part? It’s super easy to customize to your liking. Add in some veggies, protein, or whatever else you have on hand.
This dish is typically made with white rice, but you can use brown rice for a healthier version. If you’re using white rice, be sure to rinse it before cooking to remove any excess starch. Then, cook the rice according to the package instructions.
Once the rice is cooked, it’s time to start frying! In a large skillet or wok, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Then add in the eggs and scramble until they’re cooked through. Next, add in the cooked rice and mix everything. Be sure to break up any clumps of rice so that each grain is coated in oil.
Now it’s time to add in the flavour! Stir in your desired seasonings and sauces. soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic powder, and green onions are all great options. Keep stirring everything together until everything is evenly mixed and heated through.
And that’s it! Serve up your delicious egg-fried rice in bowls and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Soy sauce (optional)
To make egg fried rice, you will need the following ingredients: uncooked white rice, diced onion, diced green bell pepper, grated carrot, vegetable oil, eggs, salt and black pepper. You will also need frozen peas and thinly sliced green onion for garnish. Optionally, you can add soy sauce to taste.
1. Begin by heating your wok or pan on medium-high heat. Add in some oil, and then crack in the eggs. scramble the eggs until they are cooked through.
2. Next, add in the rice and break up any clumps. Stir fry the rice until it is evenly coated with oil and heated through.
3. now it’s time to add in the rest of the ingredients! season to taste with salt, pepper, soy sauce, and any other desired spices or condiments. Stir fry everything together until it is evenly mixed and cooked to your liking.
4. Serve hot and enjoy.
Preparing the Rice
1. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Add rice and continue to stir-fry for 2–3 minutes until heated through.
3. Crack eggs into the pan and lightly scramble them through the rice.
4. Add soy sauce and keep stirring until everything is evenly mixed and coated with the sauce.
5. Stir in any other desired ingredients (vegetables, meat, etc.) and cook for 1–2 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately.
Cooking the Rice
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and scramble until they are just set.
- Add the rice and stir to combine.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil to taste.
- Stir in any other desired ingredients (e.g., vegetables, meat, seafood).
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Serve hot.
- Stir Frying the Egg and Vegetables
Stir-frying the egg and vegetables is a key step in making delicious egg-fried rice at home. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and scramble until they are just set.
2. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they are tender but still crisp.
3. Add the cooked rice and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until everything is evenly mixed and heated through.
4. Season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve hot!
Mixing in the Soy Sauce
When it comes to adding soy sauce to your egg-fried rice, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you want to be sure that you’re using a good quality soy sauce. Second, you don’t want to add too much or it will overpower the other flavours in the dish. And finally, you want to add it towards the end of cooking so that it doesn’t evaporate and leave your dish salty.
With all that in mind, here’s how to mix soy sauce into your egg-fried rice:
1. Add a tablespoon or two of soy sauce to your wok or pan along with the eggs.
2. Stir everything together well and cook the eggs until they’re set.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients for the fried rice (veggies, rice, etc.) and stir everything together again.
4. Cook everything until it’s heated through and then give it a final taste test. If you think it needs more soy sauce, add a bit more until it’s just right.
After the rice is cooked and the eggs are scrambled, it’s time to add the finishing touches. This includes adding any additional seasonings, vegetables, or proteins that you desire. Once everything is added, give the dish a final stir to ensure that all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
If you’re looking for a truly authentic egg fried rice experience, then you’ll want to use a wok. A wok allows for better distribution of heat, which helps to create those crispy bits that make this dish so delicious. If you don’t have a wok, then a large skillet will suffice. Just be sure to keep the heat on high so that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Once everything is cooked through, dish it up into bowls and enjoy.
Tips And Variations
Assuming you already have cooked rice on hand, this dish comes together in about 15 minutes. For the best flavour, use day-old rice that’s been refrigerated; it’s drier and less likely to clump than freshly cooked rice. If using fresh rice, spread it out on a baking sheet and let it sit uncovered at room temperature for about an hour before proceeding with the recipe.
To get that characteristic Chinese restaurant flavour, we use a combination of dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Dark soy sauce is thicker and slightly sweeter than regular soy sauce; if you can’t find it, substitute it with an equal amount of regular soy sauce. Oyster sauce is made from oysters (surprise!) and has a thick, syrupy consistency; look for it in the international aisle of your grocery store.
This recipe calls for frozen peas and carrots, but feel free to use any mix of frozen vegetables you like or have on hand. Frozen corn, green beans, and diced bell peppers would all be great additions.
Making delicious egg-fried rice at home is not as hard as it may seem. With the right recipes and ingredients, you can prepare a restaurant-quality meal in no time. We hope this step-by-step guide has helped you find success with your version of egg fried rice and that you enjoy the dish for many years to come.
Try mixing things up by adding different vegetables or using other types of eggs like scrambled or boiled. Have fun experimenting and creating new dishes.