Who says healthy can’t be delicious? If you’re looking for a guilt-free treat that’s bursting with flavour, then look no further than our Air Fryer Banana Blueberry Muffins. This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savoury, with ripe bananas and juicy blueberries baked to perfection in an air fryer.
Not only are these muffins low in fat and calories, but they’re also incredibly easy to make. So grab your apron and let’s get started on this mouth-watering adventure towards healthy indulgence.
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option, look no further than these air fryer banana blueberry muffins. Made with whole wheat flour, oatmeal, and Greek yoghurt, these muffins are packed with nutrients and flavour. And best of all, they’re cooked in the air fryer, so they’re low in fat and calories.
These banana blueberry muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack. They’re moist and fluffy, with just the right amount of sweetness from the bananas and blueberries. And because they’re made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal, they’ll keep you feeling full longer.
To make these muffins, start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, then add them to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. Then fold in the bananas and blueberries.
Next, spray your muffin tin with cooking spray (this will help prevent sticking). Then use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Make sure to fill each cup to the top so that you get nice, big muffins.
Cook the muffins in your air fryer at 400 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. Once they’re done cooking, let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the tin and serving warm. Enjoy.
Ingredients and Tools Needed
To make these delicious and healthy air fryer banana blueberry muffins, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
You will also need the following tools:
- An air fryer
- A medium bowl
- A whisk
- A rubber spatula
- A 12-count muffin tin
First, preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything is just combined.
Be careful not to overmix. Gently fold in the blueberries. Grease your muffin tin with cooking spray or butter and then spoon in the batter so each muffin cup is about 3/4 full. Place the tin in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool slightly.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients: 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3. In another bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas. Stir in 1/4 cup of honey and 1 egg.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is combined.
5. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of blueberries.
6. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each cup about 3/4 full with batter.
7. Place the muffin tin in the air fryer and cook for 14 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
8. Let cool for a few minutes before serving warm.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Muffins Every Time
If you’re looking for tips and tricks to help you make perfect muffins every time, look no further! These tips and tricks will have your muffins coming out perfectly moist and fluffy every time.
1. Always start with room-temperature ingredients. This includes your milk, eggs, and butter. Room-temperature ingredients mix much more easily and produce a more consistent batter.
2. Be careful not to overmix your batter. Overmixing can result in tough, dry muffins. Mix just until the ingredients are combined – no need to beat the batter to death.
3. Fill your muffin cups evenly. This will help ensure that your muffins bake evenly and don’t end up with big domes on top. Use a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop to measure out the batter so that each cup is filled equally.
4. Bake at the correct temperature. Muffins should be baked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit – no higher, no lower! This high temperature helps them rise quickly and results in nice, fluffy muffins every time.
5. Let your muffins cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. If you store them while they’re still warm, they’ll end up being soggy instead of fluffy when you reheat them later on.
When it comes to breakfast, muffins are a go-to option for many people. They’re easy to make and can be enjoyed on the go. But if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional muffins, try this air fryer banana blueberry muffin recipe.
These muffins are made with whole wheat flour, almond milk, and ripe bananas. And they’re air fried, not baked, so they’re lower in calories and fat. Plus, they’re still moist and delicious.
To make these muffins, start by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: almond milk, ripe bananas, eggs, and honey.
Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. Then fold in the blueberries.
After that, spoon the batter into a greased or lined muffin tin (this recipe makes 6 muffins). Then place the tin in the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before enjoying them. These banana blueberry muffins are best when served warm with a pat of butter.
Variations on the Recipe
There are endless possibilities when it comes to variations on this recipe. You could add chocolate chips, nuts, or even a streusel topping. Get creative and experiment with different flavours.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips to the batter before scooping it into the muffin cups.
- For a nutty flavour, add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter.
- Make a streusel topping by mixing 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle it over the top of the muffins before baking.
Air fryer banana blueberry muffins are an easy and nutritious way to enjoy a tasty snack or dessert. With just a few ingredients you can whip up this healthy treat that’s both delicious and guilt-free.
And if you’re looking for something extra special, feel free to add your favourite mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit. Enjoy these air fryer banana blueberry muffins with friends and family for a sweet treat that everyone will love.