Looking for a sweet treat that won’t take too much time or effort to make? Look no further than this easy Double Chocolate Muffin recipe! With just a few common ingredients and minimal preparation, you can have delicious, homemade muffins in no time.
Get ready to delight your taste buds with chocolaty goodness these are sure to be a hit! There’s nothing quite like a freshly baked muffin, and this double chocolate muffin recipe is sure to please.
These decadent muffins are made with rich chocolate flavor in every bite and are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. This recipe is easy to follow and yields delicious results, so you can enjoy homemade double chocolate muffins any time you crave them.
Ingredients Needed and Substitutions Available
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious double chocolate muffins:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, there are some substitutions that you can make. For the flour, you can use 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour or 1 cup of almond meal. For the cocoa powder, you can use 1/2 cup of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
If you don’t have baking powder, you can use 1 teaspoon of baking soda. The salt can be omitted if you’re using salted butter. You can use 1/2 cup of vegetable oil in place of the butter. And for the semisweet chocolate chips, you can use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
Step-by-Step Directions for Creating the Perfect Double Chocolate Muffins
Assuming you have all the ingredients on hand, these double chocolate muffins can be whipped up in about 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F before getting started.
To make the perfect double chocolate muffins, start by mixing together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. This includes flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
Next, add in the melted butter and chocolate chips and mix until combined. The dough will be thick and sticky.
Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly among a 12-cup muffin tin lined with paper liners. Make sure to fill each cup nearly to the top so you end up with nice, tall muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
Tips and Tricks For Making Delicious Double Chocolate Muffins
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before beginning the recipe. This will ensure that your muffins cook evenly.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until they are evenly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix together until they are well combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until everything is just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter!
5. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks, making sure that they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
6. Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full with batter (an ice cream scoop works great for this). You should get about 12 muffins from this recipe.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
We hope you have enjoyed this easy and decadent recipe for double chocolate muffins. With the delicious combination of cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips, these muffins are sure to delight your taste buds with their heavenly goodness.
Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a special treat to share with friends and family, these double chocolate muffins will not disappoint! Enjoy baking and eating them as much as we do!