Looking for a delicious and easy way to spice up your snack game? Look no further than homemade tandoori chicken nuggets! These crispy, flavorful bites are the perfect combination of tender chicken and aromatic Indian spices. Whether you’re looking for a tasty appetizer or a fun twist on classic chicken nuggets, this recipe is sure to satisfy you.
Plus, with just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can whip up these crowd-pleasing nibbles in no time.
Assuming you don’t have a tandoor (a clay oven used in Indian cooking), the best way to get that perfectly crispy skin on tandoori chicken is by using a cast iron skillet. So roll up your sleeves and let’s get cooking – it’s time to make the perfect tandoori chicken nuggets at home!
Preheat your oven to 500F. Season your chicken nuggets with store-bought tandoori masala, or make your own with garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and ground ginger.
Heat some oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken nuggets for 2-3 minutes per side until evenly browned. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with mint yoghurt or chutney on the side.
What you need to make the perfect Tandoori Chicken Nuggets
1. Chicken breasts – boneless, skinless and cut into bite-sized pieces
2. Plain yoghurt – to marinate the chicken
3. Tandoori masala – a spice blend that gives these nuggets their characteristic flavour
4. Garlic cloves – for the marinade
5. Ginger paste – for the marinade
6. Lemon juice – for the marinade
7. Salt – to taste
8. Oil – for frying
9. Mint chutney or raita – to serve (optional)
To make the perfect tandoori chicken nuggets at home, you will need: boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces, plain yoghurt, tandoori masala, garlic cloves, ginger paste, lemon juice, salt, oil and mint chutney or raita (optional).
Simply combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken pieces and coat evenly with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
When you’re ready to cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken nuggets and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with mint chutney or raita on the side, if desired
Step by Step instructions for making the perfect Tandoori Chicken Nuggets
Assuming you have all the ingredients for tandoori chicken nuggets, the process is pretty simple.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut your chicken into small nugget-sized pieces.
3. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and spices until it forms a smooth paste.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the mixture and coat them evenly.
5. Place the chicken on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tips and tricks for making the perfect Tandoori Chicken Nuggets
When it comes to making tandoori chicken nuggets at home, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you need to make sure that the chicken is properly marinated. This means using a yoghurt-based marinade and letting the chicken sit in it for at least an hour.
Second, you need to use good-quality tandoori masala powder. This will give the nuggets their characteristic flavour and colour. Finally, you need to make sure that the nuggets are cooked through before serving. This can be done by cooking them on a lightly oiled grill or pan over medium heat until they are golden brown and cooked through. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
When it comes to tandoori chicken nuggets, there are endless possibilities for serving them up.
Here are a few of our favourites:
- Serve them as finger food at your next party with a dipping sauce on the side.
- Turn them into sliders by placing them on mini buns with some shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Make wraps or burritos using tandoori chicken nuggets as your protein of choice.
- Serve them over a bed of basmati rice for a delicious and easy meal.
No matter how you choose to serve them, we guarantee that these tandoori chicken nuggets will be a hit!
Making tandoori chicken nuggets at home can be a fun and delicious way to enjoy an Indian-inspired dish without having to leave the comfort of your kitchen. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create this savoury treat in no time.
Whether served as an appetizer or as part of a larger meal, these tasty chicken nuggets are sure to be enjoyed by everyone who tries them!