One version of the game involves the group preparing written slips of “truth” questions and “dares,” which are folded over and put into two piles.
The youngest player becomes the “questioner” and chooses an “answerer,” who must decide between “truth” and “dare.” The questioner then selects a random slip from that pile and reads it out – either asking the answerer a question or requiring that they perform a daring forfeit. You can always skip three times.
Or, instead of the truths or dares being on slips of paper, the questioner comes up with a truth or dare on the spot.
Players must perform the dare they are given, or truthfully answer the question asked. Answers must not be related to the game. Players are not permitted to change their minds about choosing “truth” or “dare” after having had the slip of paper read out to them. “Passing” can be an option but requires a punishment.
A pass on a truth gets a free dare; a pass on a dare gets a free truth. In a modern variant of the game, the person is asked, “Truth, Dare, Kiss, or Swear?” They must choose an action from the latter.
- What is your biggest fear in a relationship?
- What was your funniest first date ever?
- What is your biggest turn-off in a partner?
- What is your weirdest habit?
- How many kids would you like to have?
- What is the perfect first day?
- What is one embarrassing fact I should know about you?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Describe your worst date ever?
- If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?
- What is your favorite food?
- What are your three favorite colors, and why?
- What is your dream job?
- If you were trapped on an island for 3 days, what would you take with you?
- Who is your favorite person and why?
- Do you prefer apple or android?
- How do you put your toilet paper on the roll?
- What is your best talent?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in love at all?
- What is your dream wedding?
- Would you ever consider being a nudist?
- How do you feel about the end pieces of a loaf of bread?
- Can you touch your tongue to your nose?
- If you could take away one bad thing in the world, what would it be?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is the most exotic food that you have ever eaten?
- What country would like to live in if you had the chance?
- If you could change one thing on your body, what would it be?
- What do you daydream about the most?
- Describe the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- Can you lick your elbow?
- Is the dress Black and Blue or Gold and White?
- How do you feel about social media?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Could you go a week without junk food?
- How was your first kiss?
- Describe your worst kiss ever?
- Do you like to exercise?
- Do an impression of your favorite celebrity
- Close your eyes and send a blind text to a random person
- Go grab a broom and do your best tango
- Give a 3-minute stand-up comedy routine
- Make up a story about the item to your right
- Sing the alphabet without moving your mouth
- Do your best presidential impression
- Yell out the first word that comes to your mind right now
- Call the pizza place and order 300 sardine pizzas
- Pound on your chest and act like a gorilla for the next minute
- Sing everything you say for the next 10 minutes
- Give a foot massage
- Say the alphabet backward in 15 seconds
- Go to the neighbor’s house and ask for a banana
- Go up to someone random and ask for a hug
- Set your cell phone language to Chinese for the next 10 minutes
- Act like your favorite Disney character for the rest of the game
- Sing “Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star” while beatboxing
- Give a concert with your air guitar
- Make a poem using the words orange and moose
- Unbuckle your belt using your elbows
- Brush someone else’s teeth
- Twerk for a minute
- Belly dance to a country song
- Make up a country song of the top of your head
- Get on all fours and act like a dog until your next turn
- Make up a short rap about another player
- Act like Romeo from “Romeo and Juliet” (pick who you want to be Juliet)
- Do an impression of someone until another player can guess who you are
- Say “ya heard meh” after everything you say for the next 5 minutes
- Act like you do not understand your language until your next turn (come up with your language)
- Use the letters of the name of another player to describe them (ex. SAM: S – Silly; A – Attractive; M – Merry)
- Only use sign language for the next round
- Do pushups until it’s your turn again
- Wear a finger mustache for the next 5 minutes
- Only use your elbows and knees to go make a sandwich
- Write a Facebook (or other social media) post only using your toes
- Take a selfie with the toilet and post it online
- Paint your toenails only using your teeth
1. When did you last pee in bed? Or have you ever peed on road?
The answer seems obvious since most people only do that when they are kids or whenever they are in an emergency. However, that is not always the case but it might be. Also, You will be surprised by some of the answers you get.
2. Describe the most awkward date you have ever gone to? Or have you ever dated without knowing them?
Prepare yourself for a laugh after these questions because some of the stories you will hear will surely crack your ribs.
3. Has your partner ever cheated? Or do you ever cheated on your partner?
This can be sensitive but interesting if the answer is a yes, but the victim has learned to live with it. Either way, it is a good question for the truth or dare game.
4. What turns you on?
Well, the revelations could be interesting or shocking depending on how conservative the players are or the person answering seems to be. All you have to hope for is honesty as they answer the questions.
5. What can you say about your first kiss?
There are three scenarios: cute and romantic experience, embarrassment, or someone yet to experience a kiss. The last one may be a shocking revelation depending on how the other players perceive this particular player. The details leading to the conclusion of the other two answers can also be fun to listen to.
6. Tell us about your worst fear?
Expect all sorts of answers that can either be funny, interesting, or depressing.
7. What did your parents catch you doing which brought so much embarrassment?
In most cases, the answer is usually related to sexual activities. Those details can sometimes crack your ribs, no doubt. Regardless, there is usually an exception who has been caught doing an even more embarrassing thing.
8. Have you ever had an encounter with a police officer?
If the answer is a resounding yes, expect a story. It would be a nice story, probably because some officers are great people. Nevertheless, that’s a nightmare for some, which explains why you should exercise caution when asking this question.
9. Imagine being the opposite sex for a day; what would you do?
The answers can be quite hilarious and full of fun, making the game great. No matter how creepy the answers get, they will always be funny.