Are you a fan of quesadillas but tired of the greasy mess that comes with frying them in oil? Look no further than your trusty air fryer.
With this method, you can achieve crispy and delicious quesadillas without all the extra fat. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through step by step how to make air fryer quesadillas that are sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Get ready for some seriously tasty results. When it comes to quesadillas, we all know that the key to success is a crispy tortilla. But what if we told you that you could get an even crispier quesadilla without having to use a frying pan? Enter the air fryer.
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, resulting in perfectly cooked quesadillas every time. Not only are they crispy on the outside, but they’re also nice and gooey on the inside thanks to all that melty cheese. Delicious.
To make air fryer quesadillas, you’ll need:
- Fillings of your choice (we like grilled chicken or chopped veggies)
- Butter or cooking spray
Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Then, assemble your quesadillas by placing cheese and fillings on one half of a tortilla, folding it over, and sealing the edges with a bit of butter or cooking spray. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Benefits of Using an Air Fryer
Air fryers are a healthier alternative to deep frying as they use little to no oil. This means that you can enjoy your favorite fried foods without all the excess calories and fat. Additionally, air fryers cook food evenly and quickly, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your food.
What Ingredients to Use in Making Quesadillas
When making quesadillas in an air fryer, you’ll want to use ingredients that will help the quesadillas stay together and not stick to the basket. To do this, you’ll need to use either tortilla that are made for air frying or cut-down regular tortillas so they fit in the basket.
You’ll also want to use a cooking spray or oil to lightly coat the tortillas before adding your fillings.
As far as fillings go, you can really use whatever you like! Some of our favorites include shredded chicken, beans, cheese, and salsa. Just make sure not to overload the quesadilla so it’s easy to flip and cook evenly on both sides.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut your tortillas into quarters and fill them with your desired filling.
3. Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray and place them in the air fryer.
4. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Tips for Perfectly Crispy Quesadillas
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400F before getting started.
2. Cut your tortillas into even quarters and brush each side lightly with oil.
3. Place two tortillas in the air fryer at a time and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
4. Remove from the air fryer and fill with your favorite toppings! Cheese, veggies, chicken, and beans all work great in quesadillas.
5. Fold up the quesadillas, return to the air fryer, and cook for an additional minute or two to melt the cheese and seal the quesadilla shut. Serve hot.
Variations on the Recipe
If you’re looking for a tasty twist on the classic quesadilla, try one of these delicious variations:
- For a spicy kick, add some diced jalapeños to the filling.
- Swap out the tortillas for hearty whole wheat ones.
- Make it a breakfast quesadilla by adding egg and bacon to the filling.
- Top it with avocado or guacamole for an extra dose of healthy fats.
Making air fryer quesadillas is a great way to enjoy a delicious snack without all the hassle. With just a few simple ingredients and some preparation, you can make air fryer quesadillas that are golden brown on the outside and ooey-gooey cheesy on the inside.
Now that you know how to make air fryer quesadillas at home, you’ll never have to wait for delivery or takeout for your favorite Mexican dish again.